Dandelion Greens for Health
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 bunchcultivated dandelion greens, from market
1 qtcool, salted water
1 qtboiling salted water
1 tspolive oil
3 clovepeeled garlic
1 slicecanned anchovy (or to taste)
1 pinchcayenne pepper
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
1 Tbspgrey poupon dijon mustard
How to Make Dandelion Greens for Health
- Prepare the Greens:
In a large bowl, add salt to cold water (as you would salt water for pasta.) Rinse the bunch of dandelions and lay in the salted water to soak for at least 30 minutes and more if you have time. Drain. Starting at the tip of the leaves, chop greens down to where stem begins. (Stems are tough and not desirable)
- Bring a pot of fresh salted water to a boil. Add chopped dandelions and cook for about 5 minutes. (or more if you like) Meanwhile, chop the garlic cloves.
- Over medium heat, warm a small skillet, drizzle olive oil to coat, add chopped garlic, and one slice of anchovy. Mash up the anchovy till it is disintegrated. Add cayenne.
- When greens are cooked and garlic has softened, drain greens and add to garlic oil.
Allow to simmer while you make the sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 Tablespoons of Red wine vinegar and 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Remove dandelions from skillet and place in small bowl; drizzle mustard sauce over greens. This dish is good hot or at room temperature.