Creamy Zucchini Pancakes
Blue Ribbon Recipe
With this recipe in your apron pocket, there's no such thing as too much zucchini! Perfect topped with a bit of sour cream. The Test Kitchen
- 8 c
- zucchini-shredded skin and all. if the seeds are toughening remove them before shredding. if your zuchs are very moist let them sit for about 1/2 hour and squeeze the moisture out before using.
- 1 large
- onion put through the shredder
- 1/4 c
- egg whites (or make it 3 eggs and forget the egg whites)
- salt to taste. (i use quite a bit. add 1 level tablespoon and fry a small pancake taste and decide if you want more.)
- 1 c
- instant mashed potatoes (i used idahoan, but i am sure any will do)
- 1 c
- cannola oil
- peanut oil
- sour cream
- apple sauce
- jelly or preserves
- bacon bits
TOPPINGS YOU MAY WISH TO USE
How to Make Creamy Zucchini Pancakes
- 2Heat a large deep frying pan.
- 6When adequately brown remove from pan and drain on paper towel.