- 4 to 5 c
- fresh, stringed and snapped green beans
- 8 c
- 8 to 10
- small new potatoes (red potatoes)
- head of cabbage, cut in to quarters
- 6 to 8
- peeled carrots
- 1 can(s)
- corn or
- 2 c
- frozen corn
- 2 small can(s)
- vegetable or chicken broth or
- 2 c
- diced ham
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper or to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- mrs. dash original
UPDATE WITH MRS. DASH
How to Make Country Vegetable Dinner
- 1Fill 4 qt sauce pan with cool water.
Add vegetable broth, chicken broth or small pieces of ham ( cut from a ham steak - found near the bacon
Clean and snap green beans (in large pieces or leave them long) and add to the water.
- 2Bring water (with green beans in it)to a rolling boil. Let cook for 45 min. Bring to a simmer.
- 3Add cleaned, red potatoes (larger one need to be cut in half) and carrots, cut in halfs or thirds. If the carrot is thick, cut in half lengthwise, too
- 4simmer 10 min aqnd add corn and cabbage pieces.
Simmer until the cabbage is tender.Serve hot with Corn muffins or homemade cornbread.