Country Garden Fritters with Chili Lemon Cream
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These quick and easy fritters have summertime written all over 'em! This recipe is a great way to use up some of the veggies from your garden. And, the Mexican cornbread adds to the great flavor. The chili lemon seasoning in the sour cream is the perfect topping for these fritters! The Test Kitchen
6 oz pkgMexican style cornbread mix
1 cthinly sliced okra, fresh or thawed frozen
1 cgrated crookneck squash
1 cgrated zucchini
1chopped green onion
1 Tbspchopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsplemon pepper
1 Tbspgrated Parmesan cheese
·chili and lemon seasoning
·fresh cilantro, lime and lemon for garnish
1/4 cpreferred cooking oil
How to Make Country Garden Fritters with Chili Lemon Cream
- Mix first nine ingredients in bowl.
- Heat oil in frying pan until hot.
- Form patties by hand and place into hot oil and cook on medium heat till golden brown.
- When brown on first side, turn and gently press down with spatula.
- When golden brown on both sides, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Put a mound of sour cream on top of each fritter and sprinkle well with the chili lemon seasoning.