- 2 to 3
- fresh large tomatoes, peeled and cut into med. chunks, with juice - cut them over a bowl to cach the juice
- biscuit mix to make 12 drop biscuits, with milk, and oil or butter
- 2/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 to 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Country Creamed Tomatoes
- 1Prepare drop biscuits and place them in a warm oven while you make the creamed tomatoes - or put them on a plate and cover with a clean towel
- 2Peel and cut up tomatoes over a bowl to reserve the juice. Add juice and tomatoes to a 2 quart saucepan and add 1/2 c. water. Cook slowly over medim heat
- 3Add the cold milk to a small cup, sprinkle with the flour and shake together until fairly smooth. Strain to remove lumps. Stir slowly in a thin, steady stream, into the hot tomatoes until it thickens and doesn't taste floury. Add margarine and sugar and salt and/or pepper to taste.
- 4Place biscuit on plate, split in half and ladle creamed tomatoes over them. Enjoy.
Little ones may like it a bit sweeter - add more sugar to taste.