☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 5 medium
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 c
- 3 c
- frozen corn, cooked in salted water and drained
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped green onion
- 5 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
How to Make Corn-Stuffed Tomatoes
- 1Cut tomatoes in half. Scoop out as much flesh as possible, invert on paper towels to drain.
- 2Melt butter in saucepan over med. low heat. Stir in flour, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook until smooth and bubbly.
Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly. Increase heat to med. and continue cooking and stirring until mixture thickens (about 1 min.).
Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in corn, green onion and bacon.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Fill each tomato half with corn mixture and place on baking sheet.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or just until heated through.