- 1 1/3 c
- buttermilk baking mix
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 can(s)
- cream-style corn
- egg, beaten
- 1 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c
- maple syrup or molasses
- optional* red or green bell pepper, oinon,
- green onions, jalapenos- seeds removed, garlic, cayenne pepper* all finely chopped
How to Make Corn Fritters
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, sift together baking mix and baking powder.
In a small mixing bowl, combine corn and egg. At this point you can add your own favorite ingredients.
Combine egg and flour mixture, stir gently.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil one layer at a time.
Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Drain fritters on absorbent paper.
- 4Serve immediately with maple syrup or molasses.