- 4 medium
- green bell peppers
- 1 pkg
- frozen corn (12 ounces) or 4 fresh cobbed
- 4 slice
- bacon, crispy cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, dry
- 2 medium
- green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 10 oz
- mushrooms, fresh, chooped
How to Make Corn-Filled Peppers
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut the tops off of each pepper and remove seeds and veins. Place peppers in pie plate.
- 3Combine butter, chopped onion, and chopped mushrooms in sauté pan and cook on low till onions are soft. Use salt and pepper to taste.
- 4In a large bowl, combine corn, onion and mushroom mixture, bread crumbs, and bacon. Mix together till all is combined.
- 5Fill peppers with corn mixture, cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until corn mixture is hot.
Note: to prevent bottoms of pepper from scorching, a little water in the bottom of the pie plate helps.