4 mediumgreen bell peppers
1 pkgfrozen corn (12 ounces) or 4 fresh cobbed
4 slicebacon, crispy cooked and crumbled
1/2 cbread crumbs, dry
2 mediumgreen onions, chopped
10 ozmushrooms, fresh, chooped
How to Make Corn-Filled Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of each pepper and remove seeds and veins. Place peppers in pie plate.
- Combine butter, chopped onion, and chopped mushrooms in sauté pan and cook on low till onions are soft. Use salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, onion and mushroom mixture, bread crumbs, and bacon. Mix together till all is combined.
- Fill peppers with corn mixture, cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until corn mixture is hot.
Note: to prevent bottoms of pepper from scorching, a little water in the bottom of the pie plate helps.