Corn and Zucchini Side Salad
5ears of corn, shucked
1 Tbspunsalted butter
2 c1/4-inch diced zucchini
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/4 cfinely chopped red onion
1 1/2 Tbspapple cider vinegar
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 tspground black pepper
1/2 cfreshly chopped cilantro or basil
How to Make Corn and Zucchini Side Salad
- Prep a big bowl with ice water to put the cooked corn into once it's finished.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Put the corn into the boiling water, put a lid on the pot, and take it off of the heat to sit for 3-5 minutes. Then drain the corn and plunge the corn cobs into the prepped ice water bowl. When the corn is cool enough to handle, shave the kernels off the cob and put into another big bowl.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add the chopped zucchini plus a bit of salt. Saute this for approx. 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Then add the zucchini to the corn.
- Next, add in the red onion, vinegar, oil, the rest of the salt, and pepper and lightly mix.
- Right before serving time, add in the fresh herbs (your choice of cilantro or basil). Taste it and adjust the seasonings as needed. You can serve this either cold or at room temp. Enjoy!