Comforting Oven-Fried Okra, Squash, and Onion
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a great way to "fry" some veggies. I loved the combination of veggies and did add the potatoes. The seasonings enhance the flavor of the fresh veggies and the cornmeal/flour coating is great. Can't wait to make this again! The Test Kitchen
- small squash, diced to 1/2 inch
- pieces of small okra, sliced
- small new potatoes, red or white, diced to 1/2 inch (optional) it's great with or without the potatoes.
- 1/2 c
- onion chopped to about 1/2 inch pieces
- fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- handfuls of all purpose flour, add more after mixing in meal and spices if needed to cover the vegetables.
- 2 Tbsp
- corn meal
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- aluminum foil
How to Make Comforting Oven-Fried Okra, Squash, and Onion
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.