Colorful Pasta salad with crab
I make variations my preference is without the crab meat, I am also not a broccoli eater I have made it without the broccoli as well.
1 boxtri color corkscrew pasta
2pepper, I use orange and red peppers
1 pkgLouis Kemp crab meat
1 bunchbroccoli florets
1/2 czesty italian dressing
1/4 cparmesan cheese
·salt and pepper
How to Make Colorful Pasta salad with crab
- Cook the pasta according to package set aside to cool
- Cut the stems off the broccoli, throw them away. Steam the florets - place the florets in a pot with a very small amount of water, place a lid on the pot and cook on low until a bright green, set aside to cool
** I usually make the pasta and broccoli the evening before and place in the refrigerator overnight to assure it is cooled.
- Remove the seeds and chop the peppers and tomatoes, chop the onion, try to make them all the same size I usually cut them really tiny, sometimes I throw them in the food processor, however doing so can make them a bit watery.
- Cut the crab meat in small chunks, or you may flake them.
- Add the mayo, parm cheese and dressing in a bowl whisk well, add salt and pepper to taste.
** we like it with a lot of dressing I usually make extra
- Mix in a large bowl combine the pasta, veggies and crab, pour the dressing mixture over the pasta mixture and mix, garnish with parm cheese and parsley flake.