Cinnamon & Cumin Carrots
Andy Anderson !
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I often enjoy carrots as a side dish. So when I saw this recipe, it just looked like a great new way to serve carrots! I was not disappointed.
I prepared more than we would eat and I'm glad I did. The leftovers served as a great snack for me the next day. The Test Kitchen
- 10 medium
- carrots, about 1 pound
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- coconut oil, organic if possible
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp
- cumin, ground
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley, italian variety (for garnish)
How to Make Cinnamon & Cumin Carrots
- 1Place a rack in the middle position, and preheat the oven to 400f (205c).
- 4Chef’s Note: Heating up dry spices is a way to bring out their essential oils, and hence their flavors. The process is called blooming.
Chef's Tip: If you can get Vietnam cinnamon, do so.
- 6Add the spice mixture to the bowl containing the carrots, and toss until the carrots are completely coated.
- 7Line a baking sheet with parchment, and then spread the carrots out in a single layer.