CHEESY STUFFED ZUCCHINI
Recipe & photo: kraftrecipes.com/
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1/4 c
- chopped yellow onions
- 1 small
- plum tomato, chopped
- 4 slice
- cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 c
- kraft shredded italian five cheese with a touch of philadelphia
- 1/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
How to Make CHEESY STUFFED ZUCCHINI
- 1Cut zucchini lengthwise in half, scoop out centers onto cutting board, leaving 1/8-inch-thick shells. Place shells in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 2Chop the zucchini flesh. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and chopped zucchini; cook and stir 3 minutes or until onions are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and bacon; cook 2 minutes. Stir in cheese. Spoon into zucchini shells.
- 3Melt remaining butter in same skillet. Add panko crumbs; cook and stir 3 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle over filled shells.
- 4Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Serve this as a vegetable-based side dish with a serving of lean meat or poultry. Or serve alone as an appetizer with a marinara dipping sauce.