CHEESY SCALLOPED BROCCOLI
- 1 bunch
- fresh broccoli
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c
- fine bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make CHEESY SCALLOPED BROCCOLI
- 1Cut off bottom inch of the stem and discard. Separate remaining stem from florets as near to the crown as you can. Thoroughly wash all. Cut the stem into bite-size pieces and separate the individual florets.
- 2Fill a large saucepan half full of water and bring to boil. Add 1 tsp. salt and broccoli stem pieces. Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
- 3Add florets and bring to second boil. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes more. Drain and add 1 Tbsp. butter.
- 4In another saucepan, melt 3 Tbsp. butter; mix in 3 Tbsp. flour and 1/4 tsp. salt. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, over medium heat, until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- 5In a small bowl, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in microwave. Add bread crumbs and mix thoroughly; set aside.
- 6In casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray, layer half the broccoli, half the cheese, and half the white sauce. Repeat and top with buttered bread crumbs.
- 7Bake in a pre-heated 375-degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.