Cheesy Corn Casserole
4 slicebacon, finely chopped
6 Tbspunsalted butter, cubed
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 call purpose flour
4 ozcream cheese, cubed
2 ozvelveeta cheese, cubed
2 cgrated extra sharp cheddar cheese
3 lbcorn kernels, fresh or frozen
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat bacon in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add butter and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, Velveeta, cheddar, and paprika, and cook until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in corn; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and bake until top is golden brown and bubbling, about 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.