Chargrilled Vegetable Loaf
1french stick ( or similar )
3-4 Tbspmayonnaise, fat-free
3-4 cthickly sliced,chargrilled vegetables,eggplant,zucchini,peppers,mushrooms,onions
1 sprig(s)basil,leaves fresh
·salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Chargrilled Vegetable Loaf
- preheat a grill to medium heat.
- cut the french stick in half,then cut lengthways,taking care not to cut it all the way through.
- mix together the mayonnaise and pesto and spread generously on both sides of the bread.
fill with layers of sliced vegetable,feta and basil leaves.
season to taste.
- wrap well in foil and place on the grill for 5-6 minutes on each side to warm through.
- Tip...these can also be heated in the oven if you prefer. Try different flavours of pesto,such as basil,sun-dried tomato or roasted capsicum.