4 criced cauliflower
2 smallsweet onions- diced small
2 tspbaking powder
3/4 cflour or gluten free flour
·salt and pepper
·canola or vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Cauliflower Pancakes
- 4 cups of cauliflower riced. ( just take a head of cauliflower, Break off the florettes and put them in a food processor. Pulse until it becomes like a grain . If you don't have a food processor and you can do it by grading them on a cheese grater)
- Dice onions as small as you can
- Put Cauliflower and diced onions into microwave safe bowl and cook at high power for 10 minutes . Set aside or put in refrigerator to cool, stirring every so often to release the steam
- Once the Cauliflower has cooled add the stirred eggs, three quarters of a cup of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder . Stir well
- At this point you should have a thick batter.
Heat your oil until 350.
- I usually just take a heaping teaspoon and put it into hot oil. I do press out the teaspoon into a nice pancake. Flip when golden
- I usually serve my pancakes fresh out of the oil with applesauce or for those who like it sour cream to give it an old world flavor