Peggi Anne Tebben
How to Make CANNED KALE
- Wash kale & remove large stems. Cut or tear larger leaves in half.
- Bring 4" of water to boil in large kettle. I use the big granite ones. Add the kale in. It will shrink down. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Pack loosly in sterilized jars. Add enough liquid to cover the kale, about 1" below the top of rim. Add 1/2 Tablespoon salt per quart or 1 tsp. per pint.
- Place heated lids on & finger tighten lids.
- Process in pressure cooker for 70 minutes per quart & 45 minutes per pint @ 10# pressure.