Candied Roasted Carrots
Kathey Jo Hickey-Van Otten
How to Make Candied Roasted Carrots
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees..Chop the ends off the carrots and then cut them about 2 inches in length. If they are over an inch in diameter, cut in half, to help with the baking time.Place on sprayed baking/cookie sheet. (I share the pan with the chicken breasts I am baking at the same time)
- 2Take the brown sugar and sprinkle over the carrots. Then if you are using whole pecans, put in baggy and crush with rolling pin or whatever you use. Just crush them, don't beat them to nothing. Spring over the carrots.
- 3I use fresh pineapple, so will cut the peeling off and cut in pieces. I will put in food processor to crush the pieces, NOT TO LIQUID OR VERY FINE, but just crushed some, like you would buy in the cans. Make sure most of the liquid is out before you sprinkle the pineapple over the carrots, brown sugar, and pecans.
- 4Because I am baking these carrots with chicken, the temperature is set at a lower setting. If you bake the carrots by themselves, you can set it higher to about 400 degrees for around 25 minutes. Otherwise, bake along with the chicken for the 1 hour it takes for the meat to be done. Can stir the carrots around now and then if you want or even sprinkle more brown sugar/butter on if you want more.
- 5I will serve this and the chicken along with cheesy fried potatoes, and add a delicious bread pudding/vanilla sauce for dessert..nice on a cold winter night..