★★★★★ 1 vote5
- vegetable cooking spray
- 2 can(s)
- tomato soup
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- (7 oz container) of prepared pesto sauce
- 8 slice
- pepperidge farm hearty white farmhouse bread
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) shredded italian cheese blend
How to Make Campbell's Easy layered Tomato Pesto Casserole
- 1Spray a 13x9x2 inch (3 qrt)shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Stir the soup, milk and eggs in a (1 qrt) measuring cup or bowl until all ingredients are mixed. Spoon 1/2 cup of the soup mixture into the prepared dish.
- 2spread about 1 tbsp. of the pesto sauce on each bread slice. Place 4 slices in dish. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Carefully pour about half of the soup mixture over bread and cheese. Repeat layers with remaining bread slices, 1/2 cup cheese and remaining soup mixture, making sure bread is coated with the soup mixture.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 mins. or until center is set. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 mins to let cheese melt.