Cabbage with Bacon and Mushrooms.
Leslie Speed Dutton
When you buy stock, purchase the stock/broth in a box. This way, what you don't use can be stored in the refrigerator with out wasting it.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- cabbage, cored. and chopped
- 1 lb
- button mushrooms,sliced
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb
- thick sliced.bacon
- 1 c
- chicken stock or broth
- cajun seasoning
How to Make Cabbage with Bacon and Mushrooms.
- 1In a.large skillet.with high sides and a lid. Fry the bacon, crisp. Set bacon aside.
- 2Core and sherd one large head of green or purple cabbage. Stir cabbage into bacon grease until all of the cabbage is coated.
- 3Stir in sliced button mushrooms and two cloves of minced garlic. Start with two tsp of Cajun seasonings, stir well. Crumble bacon and add to cabbage mixture.
- 4Stir in one quarter cup of chicken stock, cover with tight fitting lid. Allow the cabbage to cook, checking on it in about 10 minutes. Cabbage should be wilted and the broth reducing. Add broth, one quarter cup at a time if additional liquid is needed. Add additional Cajun seasoning to tasts.