Brussels sprout Surprise
In a hurry the other night needing something green to serve I look at the little sprouts about to wilt in my refrigerator and the orange on the counter and think why not.The rest as they say is about to be history.
- 1 bunch
- fresh brussels sprouts i used a 10 oz package
- the zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp
- fennel seed
How to Make Brussels sprout Surprise
- 1wash and pat dry the sprouts,making sure to cut off the core on the bottom.
- 2In a stove top steamer place all ingredients in the top basket.
- 3Add about 2 inches or so of water to bottom pan,place basket on top.
- 4Cook on med to high heat covered for approx. 10 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are just tender and not mushy.Serve hot.