Brown Rice and Veggie Slice
Can be eaten Hot,Cold or Room tempt. with or without a dipping sauce. As a meal or a side dish this works well. Bring to a friends house for a finger food favorite.
1 cbrown rice ( cooked as directed on package)
1 boxfrozen spinach
10 smallgrape or cherry tomatoes cut in half.
1 pkgfeta cheese crumbles
1 ccheddar cheese, grated (white or orange)
2 or 3green onions,sliced
1 or 2 clovegarlic.grated (to add to the beaten eggs)
1/4 cmilk...for adding to the eggs.
1 largeegg,beaten added to the rice after it is cooked.
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Brown Rice and Veggie Slice
- Cook brown rice as directed on package. I like to brown mine in a bit off olive oil first. I also add garlic powder to the rice along with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile,defrost the chopped spinach,squeeze out excess water.
- Slice the tomatoes and green onions and grate the fresh garlic. Set all to the side.
- beat the 5 eggs until a fluffy...add the grated garlic and 1/4 cup milk to this.
- In another bowl beat one egg. This is to be added to the rice once it has cooled off some.
- Once rice is cooked and cooled a bit,add beaten egg and salt and pepper to taste add 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.stir together.. Spread on the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish to form a crust like layer.
- Sprinkle spinach, tomatoes,feta cheese and cheddar cheese over the rice in an even layer.