Brown Rice and Veggie Slice
Can be eaten Hot,Cold or Room tempt. with or without a dipping sauce. As a meal or a side dish this works well. Bring to a friends house for a finger food favorite.
- 1 c
- brown rice ( cooked as directed on package)
- 1 box
- frozen spinach
- 10 small
- grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- 1 pkg
- feta cheese crumbles
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, grated (white or orange)
- 2 or 3
- green onions,sliced
- 1 or 2 clove
- garlic.grated (to add to the beaten eggs)
- 1/4 c
- milk...for adding to the eggs.
- 5 large
- 1 large
- egg,beaten added to the rice after it is cooked.
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Brown Rice and Veggie Slice
- 1Cook brown rice as directed on package. I like to brown mine in a bit off olive oil first. I also add garlic powder to the rice along with the salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Meanwhile,defrost the chopped spinach,squeeze out excess water.
- 3Slice the tomatoes and green onions and grate the fresh garlic. Set all to the side.
- 4beat the 5 eggs until a fluffy...add the grated garlic and 1/4 cup milk to this.
- 5In another bowl beat one egg. This is to be added to the rice once it has cooled off some.
- 6Once rice is cooked and cooled a bit,add beaten egg and salt and pepper to taste add 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.stir together.. Spread on the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish to form a crust like layer.
- 7Sprinkle spinach, tomatoes,feta cheese and cheddar cheese over the rice in an even layer.