Broccoli and Mushrooms
1 Tbspolive oil
12 ozfresh mushrooms, sliced
1 mediumshallot, peeled and chopped
1/4 csherry (not cooking sherry)
4 cfresh broccoli florets
1/2 cchicken broth
1/4 tspground black pepper
How to Make Broccoli and Mushrooms
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add mushrooms and shallots, cook 8 minutes or until mushrooms are beginning to brown.
- Add sherry and cook 2 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed, stirring often.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet with slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add broccoli, salt, and broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook 10 minutes or until broccoli is crunchy but soft.
- Return mushrooms to skillet. Add pepper. Toss vegetables to mix. Serve.