BRAN-TOPPED CAULIFLOWER ESCALLOP
Recipe & Photo: www.krogercincinnati.com
1/4 tspgarlic salt
1/2 call-bran original - or - 1/2 cup all-bran bran buds
4 csliced cauliflower (1 medium head)
1cube chicken bouillon
3/4 chot water
1/4 cbutter (1/2 stick)
1/4 call purpose flour
1 chalf and half
2 Tbspchopped pimiento
1 csliced green onions
How to Make BRAN-TOPPED CAULIFLOWER ESCALLOP
- Combine the 2 Tbs. butter, garlic salt and All-Bran cereal. Set aside for topping.
- Cook cauliflower in small amount of water until almost tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well. Set aside.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 3/4 cup hot water. Set aside.
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add bouillon and half-and-half, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pimiento, green onions and cauliflower. Spoon mixture into a greased 10x6x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle cereal mixture evenly over top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly. Serve hot.
(Note: 2 packages [10 oz. ea.] frozen cauliflower, cooked and drained, may be substituted for fresh cauliflower.)