Bottle gourd with Golden Mung bean
1/2 cgolden mung bean
1 tspfenugreek seeds [optional]
2 Tbspcilantro, fresh - chopped
2 Tbspvegetable oil
·salt to taste
·turmeric for the color
1 Tbspplain butter [optional]
How to Make Bottle gourd with Golden Mung bean
- Cut bottle gourd in small square / rectangular pieces.
- Soak golden mung bean in water for 10 - 15 minutes.
- In the mean time heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds. Once the seeds start to crackle, add the chooped bottle gourd, strained soaked golden mung, salt and turmeric [optional].
- Cook for 15 - 20 minutes till the bottle gourd is done and the vegetable is not watery. [You can add green chilli to offer a nice flavor and then take that out after a while]
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with butter.