Bottle gourd with Golden Mung bean
- bottle gourd
- 1/2 c
- golden mung bean
- 1 tsp
- fenugreek seeds [optional]
- 2 Tbsp
- cilantro, fresh - chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- turmeric for the color
- 1 Tbsp
- plain butter [optional]
- green chilli
How to Make Bottle gourd with Golden Mung bean
- 1Cut bottle gourd in small square / rectangular pieces.
- 2Soak golden mung bean in water for 10 - 15 minutes.
- 3In the mean time heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds. Once the seeds start to crackle, add the chooped bottle gourd, strained soaked golden mung, salt and turmeric [optional].
- 4Cook for 15 - 20 minutes till the bottle gourd is done and the vegetable is not watery. [You can add green chilli to offer a nice flavor and then take that out after a while]
- 5Garnish with cilantro and serve with butter.