BLONDIE'S VEGETABLE RICE CASSEROLE
1 csweet yellow onions, chopped or thinly sliced
2 Tbspreal butter
1 crice (i use jasmine)
1 cthinly sliced celery
1 cbell pepper, any color, chopped (red is sweeter)
1 cfresh tomatoes, 1" diced~do not remove seeds or pulp
2 cany flavor stock or broth
1 Tbspcavender's greek seasoning
·s&p to taste
How to Make BLONDIE'S VEGETABLE RICE CASSEROLE
- Heat large deep skillet or dutch oven on med-hi heat.
Pour in EVOO. When shimmery, add onions and saute` till translucent.
Now stir in butter till melted.
- Pour in rice and saute` till dark tan in color.
Now add celery & bell pepper. Stir well.
Now gently fold in tomatoes.
- Add stock or broth and seasonings.
- Now transfer into a 13x9 baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam and has been preheated in a 350* oven. Cover with aluminum foil.
Return pan to oven and allow to bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and return to oven. Allow it to bake for 10-15 minutes , or till liquid has been absorbed.
Serve as a side for any main dish.