Betty's Maple Roasted Baby Carrots
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 pounds (1 kilo) small or baby carrots
·2 tablespoon butter, melted
·1/2 cup maple syrup
·2 tablespoon dijon mustard (mild french mustard)
·2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
How to Make Betty's Maple Roasted Baby Carrots
- Pre heat oven to 400oF/200oC.
- Peel and chop the tops and bottoms of the carrots and slice in half length ways.
- Place carrots into a glass or ceramic baking tray. Combine the butter, mustard and maple syrup in a bowl. Pour over the carrots and turn them over so they are all coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn each one over and bake for a further 15 minutes or until tender.
- While the carrots are baking, toast the sesame seeds on in a small fry pan over a medium heat, shaking the pan and stirring until they are lightly golden - watch them as they will go from golden to burnt fast.
- Sprinkle the carrots with the sesame seeds and serve.