BASIL CORN & TOMATO BAKE
Recipe & photo: tasteofhome.com
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (10.75 oz.) cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 c
- fresh or frozen corn
- 1 large
- tomato, chopped
- 3/4 c
- soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 c
- fresh basil, minced, plus additional for topping
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 c
- shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
How to Make BASIL CORN & TOMATO BAKE
- 1Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir till tender.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk eggs and soup until blended. Stir in vegetables, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup basil, salt and onion.
- 3Place mixture in a greased or sprayed 11x7-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350-degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Top with cheese and bake 5-10 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with additional fresh basil.