Basic roasted or sauted Brussel sprouts
1-2 lbfresh brussel sprouts
2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
OTHER OPTIONAL (TASTY) INGREDIENTS
1/2 ccooked bacon, chopped
1/2 ccooked pancetta, chopped
How to Make Basic roasted or sauted Brussel sprouts
- First, once your Brussels are clean, begin by cutting the stalk/stem off.
The stalk can be tough and is not enjoyable to consume.
- Once you have cut the stalk off, slice them in half and add them to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, and pepper to the Brussel sprouts and toss to coat.
- If SAUTEING, heat pan over medium-high heat. Add sprouts and begin to cook, tossing every couple minutes, until leaves start to char slightly, and sprouts become a little tender.
- If ROASTING, preheat oven to 400 degrees F, place in 9x13 casserole dish, place in oven, and roast for approximately 20-30 minutes, tossing sprouts every 5 minutes, until slightly charred and sprouts are tender.
- Remove from heat, and serve.
- Optional: add the bacon or the pancetta, toss to combine and serve.
Crazy idea....if you like sweet and salt together, I dare you to add one of the meats and drizzle maple syrup on top before serving.