Bambi's Easy Dills
Of course I made these pickles every summer for my own family and loved the crunchy flavor. You could change the taste by adding different items.
Alum was used...but now they say this should not be used..so I am going to omit it. This is a cold water process.
1/2 GALLON JAR
3 Tbsppickling salt (non iodized)
1 cpickling vinegar (4 to 6%)
·white or cider..your choice for different taste
·fill with cold water
·hot peppers, dried
How to Make Bambi's Easy Dills
- I like this recipe because you can make one jar or 20 just depends on how many pickles you want to make that day!
I have always used 1/2 gallon jars so I do not know if you can use smaller or larger jars.
- CLEAN and sterilize your jars. You do not have to keep hot..but just keep them clean.
- PUT 3 cloves of garlic on the bottom of each jar.
- Fill jars with Cucumbers.
You can add your pickling spice and hot peppers to your taste. I would make one jar with different spices to see what you like best.
I like garlic, dill and a little pickling spice.
- ADD 1 Dill head for each jar.
- ADD 3 tablespoons salt (pickling)
- ADD 1 cup of vinegar (you can use white or cider)
- FILL with cold water.
PUT on lids and rings (cleaned)
- SHAKE once in awhile for two days.
- READY IN 4 WEEKS