BAKED ONION RINGS
I made these today and they are pretty good! Nice change from the deep fried variety, although the texture is slightly different.
My husband gave them a thumbs up, which is something he doesn't do if it's not really good!
The dipping sauce is my own idea, just enough tang to make it good!
1/2 cegg substitute (eggbeaters)
2/3 citalian seasoned breadcrumbs
1sweet onion, sliced, separated in rings (vidalia works great, i used a spanish onion)
1 Tbspbottled horseradish sauce
How to Make BAKED ONION RINGS
- Combine ketchup and horseradish sauce; chill for an hour or so.
- Slice onion about 1/4" thick and place in bowl of ice water for about 1/2 hour. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare cookie sheet by spraying with Pam or other cooking spray.
- Put the egg substitute in shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine crumbs, salt & pepper. Dip onions first in egg, then into crumbs.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, til golden brown, turning once.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.