- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted, divided
- 1/2 c
- shallots, chopped
- 1 c
- arborio rice
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 4 c
- chicken stock, may need a bit more
- 1/2 lb
- asparagus, fresh, trimmed and cut
- 1/2 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Asparagus Risotto
- 1In a 3 or 4 quart saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter on medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for a minute or two, until translucent. Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring until nicely coated.
- 2While the shallots are cooking, bring the stock to a simmer in a saucepan.
- 3the wine. Slowly stir, allowing the rice to absorb the wine. Once the wine is almost completely absorbed, add 1/2 cup of hot stock to the rice.
- 4Continue to stir until the liquid is almost completely absorbed, adding more stock in 1/2 cup increments. Stir often to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- 5Continue cooking and stirring rice, adding a little bit of broth at a time, cooking and stirring until it is absorbed, until the rice is tender, but still firm to the bite, about 20-25 minutes. With the last ladle of stock, add the asparagus. Turn off the heat.
- 6Gently stir in the Parmesan cheese and the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
The stock amount given is approximate. You may need a little more or less. If you end up needing more stock and you find yourself without, just use water.