How to Make Asparagus/Orange Spears
- 1Clean and prep asparagus spears; Cook asparagus, uncovered, in enough boiling water to cover them, 5-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the spears. You want them crisp tender.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; Add the garlic and saute' 1 minute. Remove garlic and set aside.
- 4Add orange juice and the rind to the butter in the skillet. Stir.
- 5Add the asparagus spears to heat them thoroughly, about a couple of minutes.
- 6Remove asparagus to a serving dish. Spoon the heated orange juice mixture over the spears. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.