★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/4 lb
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped shallots or you can use finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp
- light margarine
- 1 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Asparagus and Balsamic Butter
- 1Snap off any tough ends of asparagus. In a large skillet, bring about 1 inch of water to a boil and add asparagus. Cook for about 4-5 mins., just until crisp-tender. Drain and place on serving plate.
- 2Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium heat. Sautee shallots/onions until soft, about 1 or 2 mins.
- 3Remove from heat. Stir in balsamic vinegar and butter. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.