Asian Cucumber and Red Pepper Salad
**Use pickling cucumbers if possible to prevent the salad from being soggy.
**This is best prepared in a metal bowl to retain the chill once served.
- red peppers, cut into large pieces
- cucumbers, sliced thin (skins removed if desired)
- 1/4 c
- rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp
- sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp
- sesame seeds
How to Make Asian Cucumber and Red Pepper Salad
- 1Begin by roasting your peppers seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until they begin to char.
- 2While the peppers roast, slice cucumbers as thin as possible either by hand or using a mandolin. Place in a medium bowl.
- 3Prepare the dressing using all other ingredients except sesame seeds.
- 4Chop peppers once cooled and place in bowl with cucumbers and sesame seeds.
- 5Dress salad and let sit in fridge for 30 mins before serving.