Apple Squash Pockets
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cwhole wheat flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 pinchsalt and pepper
APPLE SQUASH MIXTURE
2 cyellow squash, shredded
1/2 capplesauce, unsweetened
2 tspchili powder
2 tspminced garlic
How to Make Apple Squash Pockets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the filling by mixing all ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, salt/pepper. With the dough hook attachment, gradually work in the water until crumbly and coming off the sides of the bowl.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and separate into 4 equal pieces.
- With a rolling pin, shape each ball of dough into a thin disk (about 6-8 inch diameter). Place ¼ of the squash mixture in the center of each.
- Fold the dough over the mixture and crimp with a fork, making sure the filling stays inside. Pierce the top of each a few times to allow the steam to escape.
- Place the pockets on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.