How to Make Apple and Fennel Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
- 1Place vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small jar. Cover and shake to blend. Pour into a large salad bowl.
- 2Core the apple, but don't peel. Slice it directly into the dressing and stir to coat.
- 3Slice the fennel into wedges and add to bowl, stirring again so that everything is well-coated.
- 4Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces. Add to the bowl along with the fennel leaves. Stir and serve immediately.
- 5If you want to wait to serve, keep lettuce and fennel leaves separate until ready to serve.