Adobong Talong (Eggplant Adobo)
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 medium
- filipino (asian) eggplants, stems trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- chili pepper (thai), minced
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Adobong Talong (Eggplant Adobo)
- 1In a wide pan over medium heat, heat about 3 tablespoons of the oil. Add eggplant and cook until lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- 2In the pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic and chili peppers and cook, stirring regularly, until softened and aromatic. Add vinegar and soy sauce and bring to a boil, uncovered and without stirring, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add eggplant and cook, covered, for about 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.