Acorn Squash Baked in Butter and Maple Syrup
Sometimes she would put brown sugar and butter in, or do like in the picture and use maple syrup and butter, either way they are yummy.
How to Make Acorn Squash Baked in Butter and Maple Syrup
- Wash squash, prick all over with tines of a fork 7 or 8 times.
- Cook in microwave until they start to soften. This will speed both prep and baking time.
- Slice squash lengthwise. scoop out seeds.
- Spray a baking pan with non stick spray and put about 1/2 inch of water in it.
- Place the squash,cut side up in prepared pan.
- Put 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons maple syrup in each squash.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over all.
- Bake in a pre heated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour 15, minutes,or until fork tender, basting squash every 20 minutes.