Zucchini Chile-Cheddar Mash
Calories:126, Fat:9g, Sat fat:3g, Mono fat:4g, Chol:15mg, Carb:8g, Sugars:0g, Protein:6, Fiber:2g, Sodium:307mg, Potassium:442mg
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 1/4 lb
- zucchini (2-3 medium), halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- extra-sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Zucchini Chile-Cheddar Mash
- 1Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; stir to coat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in chiles and salt; cook until heated through, 1 minute more.
- 2Transfer to a medium bowl. Mash with a potato masher until chunky, not completely smooth. Stir in cheese and serve immediately.
- 3*SIDE NOTE*
I didn't have the canned chiles so I diced up jalapenos. I also needed to use my shredded mexican cheese blend with pepperjack so I added that instead of the cheddar and it turned out really good.