The Absolute Best Country Style Green Beans
So after being away from the horses, I was craving the Country Style Green Beans and came up with a recipe that consisted of frying the bacon. It was fantastic.
However, after awhile, I wanted to make it healthier for my family, and so years ago, I revised it to this, even better, version. My family's most requested! Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 can(s)
- green beans, drained (14.5 oz.) each
- 1 jar(s)
- hormel real bacon pieces (2.8 oz)
- 1 medium
- onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- vinegar, (apple cider vinegar or regular white)
- 3/4 c
How to Make The Absolute Best Country Style Green Beans
- 1Add the drained green beans of your choice to a 2qt casserole dish along with the Hormel Real Bacon Pieces and thinly sliced onions. Toss.
- 2In a small sauce pan, bring the vinegar and sugar to a light boil, while stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and pour into green bean mixture.Toss.
- 3Cover or place a lid on the casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- 4This smells amazing when it is baking.
And I have also used this recipe by replacing the green beans with thawed out Brussels sprouts which is equally amazing.