Stuffed Portabella Caps
2 largeportabella mushroom caps
2 sliceCanadian bacon
2handfuls of fresh baby spinach
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 tspolive oil
1/2 tsponion powder
2-3 Tbspmozzarella cheese, low-fat, shredded
2-3 TbspParmigiano-Reggiano, grated
1/2 tspItalian seasoning
·salt and pepper
How to Make Stuffed Portabella Caps
- Preheat over to 450 F. With a spoon scrape out the gills of each cap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake caps side up, in a dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the larger stems from the baby spinach leaves.
- In a non-stick pan heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook spinach until wilted.
- Sprinkle garlic and onion powder and stir. Set aside.
- Mix the cheeses and Italian seasonings together.
- Place one piece of Canadian bacon inside each cap.
- Add spinach mixture and finally the cheese blend.
- Return to oven and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, cook egg sunny side up or poached.
- Place each egg on top of each cap. Season with salt and pepper.