Squash & Peppers with Grape Tomatoes
Rose Mary Mogan1
It is simple easy & diet friendly. Quick & easy to prepare, if you like you can also add shredded cheese on top while the veggies are hot.
I have also made this dish on the grill, either option is a great one, & makes a great tasty side dish to accompany most meal ideas. Add a little minced garlic for added flavor. You won't regret it.
This side dish serves about 8 and has only 96 calories per serving, 4 grams of fiber, protein, & fat,8 grams of sugar,39 Mg of sodium, & it taste great too.
- 2 medium
- red or yellow onions sliced
- 1 large
- red bell pepper or 8 mini sweet red peppers
- 4 c
- zucchini squash sliced
- 8 c
- yellow squash, sliced
- 3 c
- grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp
- steak seasoning ( similar to montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 2 pkg
- zero calorie sweetener such as splenda
- 2 Tbsp
- organic coconut oil or canola or vegetable oil
How to Make Squash & Peppers with Grape Tomatoes
- 1I used MY FITNESS PAL TO CALCULATE THE CALORIES IN THIS RECIPE.
- 3Saute until veggies begin to become translucent about 8 to 10 minutes, and then add the grape tomatoes during the last 5 minutes or so of final cooking. I like to merely heat the tomatoes and leave them slightly raw to burst in your mouth while eating. I prefer to leave them whole, but you can slice if you desire. If you want to top with cheese add while veggies are still hot to melt the cheese.