SOUTHERN-STYLE CREAMED CORN
Rose Mary Mogan
The technique may be a slight bit different from my version but the results were the same. It was very tasty & good, & went extremely well with my KEEP YOUR MAN FRIED CHICKEN , & the homemade QUICK BUTTERMILK ROLLS, which I have yet to post. The important thing is he enjoyed his birthday meal, & that made me happy. Hope you like this recipe too. This recipe posted for Terri O.
- ears fresh corn
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour (i used arrowroot)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- salt, (i added pepper too)
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- whipping cream
How to Make SOUTHERN-STYLE CREAMED CORN
- 3Now add the flour, salt, pepper, & sugar to a small bowl then gradually pour in the milk, and stir until mixture becomes a smooth paste like consistency.NOTE: Off season fresh corn can be a bit more expensive than it is when in season, I paid $6.00 for 10 ears of corn, not an economical price, but my husband is worth it, so I bought it.
- 4Add butter to a large skillet, and heat till melted, add in the corn, and stir well to blend. Then slowly stir in the flour mixture; cover and cook over low heat about 10 minutes until corn is tender, be sure to stir often to prevent corn from sticking to bottom of skillet. Now add in the whipping cream and stir till blended, then serve immediately while still hot. NOTE MY SUGGESTION IS THAT YOU MAY ADD CHOPPED RED OR GREEN BELL PEPPERS, AND OR CHOPPED ONIONS IF DESIRED WHILE COOKING BOR COLOR AND TEXTURE AND ADDITIONAL FLAVOR. OPTIONAL.