Roast Potatoes Perfected
Andy Anderson !
I’ve always loved good oven-baked potatoes, but I always had problems with them. For example, by the time you get the outsides nice and crispy, the insides are all dried out. This recipe solves the baking problem by a bit of pre-cooking, and then baking at high temperature to get that crisp exterior.
So, let’s start baking.
- 2 lb
- golden potatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- grapeseed oil
- course sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Roast Potatoes Perfected
- 4Add the potatoes to a large pot of cold water, add a teaspoon of table salt, and then bring quickly to the boil.
- 5Lower the heat to medium, and simmer for five minutes.
- 6Drain the water from the pot, and then return the potatoes to the burner.
- 7Shake the pot over the heat (like you’re making popcorn), for about 15 seconds. Shake it good. You might need the lid for the pot, to keep the potatoes from flying out. This roughs up the exterior of the potatoes, and helps to create a crispy exterior.
- 9Add the potatoes to a bowl, and then add the grapeseed oil, salt, pepper, and toss to combine.
- 11Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the exterior of the potatoes is nice and brown, and crispy.