BACON PARMESAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- 1/2 lb
- smoked bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 20 large
- fresh white or baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (omit if using soft breadcrumbs)
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 c
- crushed seasoned croutons (you may substitute soft bread crumbs, if desired)
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh minced flat leaf italian parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
How to Make BACON PARMESAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- 1Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- 2Remove stems and chop; set caps aside.
- 3Pour oil into a skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat.
- 4Add chopped stems and saute until tender then remove from heat.
- 5Stir in crushed croutons, cheese, crumbled bacon and parsley.
- 6Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 7Spoon mixture into mushroom caps and place in a shallow baking dish.
- 8Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 9Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
- 10Refrigerate leftovers (like that's really going to happen! Ha!)