BACON PARMESAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
1/2 lbsmoked bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
20 largefresh white or baby portabella mushrooms
1/4 colive oil
2 Tbspbutter (omit if using soft breadcrumbs)
1 clovegarlic, finely minced or pressed
1/2 ccrushed seasoned croutons (you may substitute soft bread crumbs, if desired)
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 Tbspfresh minced flat leaf italian parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried)
How to Make BACON PARMESAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Remove stems and chop; set caps aside.
- Pour oil into a skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add chopped stems and saute until tender then remove from heat.
- Stir in crushed croutons, cheese, crumbled bacon and parsley.
- Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate leftovers (like that's really going to happen! Ha!)