OLD-FASHIONED CREAMED CORN
- 6 or 7 large
- ears very fresh corn (3 cups kernels & corn "milk")
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, divided 3 t. & 1 t.
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 pinch
- smoked paprika for garnish (optional)
How to Make OLD-FASHIONED CREAMED CORN
- 1Remove husks and silk from corn; wash cobs.
- 2In large bowl, cut kernels from cob; use blunt edge of knife blade (or tool of your choice) to scrape milk from the cobs.
- 5Stirring constantly, place over medium heat and simmer until butter melts.
- 6Add water, lower heat to medium-low (slow simmer) and contiue stirring (very important to stir constantly to prevent sticking and scorching!) for 4 to 5 minutes. Mixture should resemble a loose pudding or very thick gravy.