How to Make MERRY-NATED MUSHROOMS (SALLYE)
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp cloth
- Peel garlic and slice thinly.
Place slices in bottom of a sterilized glass jar.
- Pack mushrooms into glass jar over top of garlic slices.
- In a heavy saucepan or skillet, heat vinegar, wine, salt and spices over medium heat until just before boiling point.
Stir with wooden spoon to blend well.
- Remove from heat and allow to set for a few minutes until mixture is just medium warm. This will allow spices to fuze with vinegar and wine mixture.
Pour over mushrooms and seal jar tightly.
- Add more heated vinegar if needed to completely cover mushrooms.
- Let stand for 2-3 days before serving.
- Oh my, what a treat. Great as an appetizer, side dish or sliced up in a salad or omelette.