How to Make MERRY-NATED MUSHROOMS (SALLYE)
- 1Wipe mushrooms clean with damp cloth
- 2Peel garlic and slice thinly.
Place slices in bottom of a sterilized glass jar.
- 3Pack mushrooms into glass jar over top of garlic slices.
- 4In a heavy saucepan or skillet, heat vinegar, wine, salt and spices over medium heat until just before boiling point.
Stir with wooden spoon to blend well.
- 5Remove from heat and allow to set for a few minutes until mixture is just medium warm. This will allow spices to fuze with vinegar and wine mixture.
Pour over mushrooms and seal jar tightly.
- 6Add more heated vinegar if needed to completely cover mushrooms.
- 7Let stand for 2-3 days before serving.
- 8Oh my, what a treat. Great as an appetizer, side dish or sliced up in a salad or omelette.